GD&T Trainer: Fundamentals 2009
GD&T Trainer: Fundamentals 2009
Based on ASME Y14.5 – 2009
Publisher: Effective Training Inc. Edition
The GD&T Trainer: Fundamentals 2009 is a comprehensive computer-based training program that teaches the fundamentals of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing based on the ASME Y14.5-2009 Standard. The course includes 29 lessons that cover the basic rules, definitions, and concepts of GD&T, with quizzes that reinforce the material and allow students to gauge their level of understanding.
Learn GD&T on your own terms as you work through the course at your own pace, and when it fits into your schedule. GD&T has never been more convenient.
• Covers GD&T fundamentals in 29 lessons
• Features interactive lessons
• Gives 29 quizzes and a final exam
• Includes a 150-question certification exam
• Contains interactive lesson content
• Features easy-to-read lesson/quiz screens
• Provides multiple question formats
• Detailed drawings & graphics illustrate concepts
• Contains a full GD&T dictionary of over 150 terms & concepts
• Provides 100+ Author’s Comments by Alex Krulikowski
• Content is referenced with Fundamentals of GD&T Ultimate Pocket Guide based on ASME Y14.5-2009
• Animations and 3D solid parts provide better visualization of concepts
• Contains geometric tolerance application and inspection examples
• Audio narration of lesson/quiz content helps auditory learners
• Provides a test bank of questions – students don’t see all the same questions
• Includes enjoyable lesson work – it’s fun to complete
• Teaches a complete GD&T course in 20-30 hours (class version)
• Administration tools let you change course options / track student progress
• Provides over 90 types of printable reports, charts, and graphs
• Gives individualized instruction
• Provides a resource as an on the job reference
• Encourages a uniform level of knowledge across your entire organization
The GD&T Trainer can be used as:
• A complete course in GD&T, with quizzes, final exam, and certificate of completion
• A geometric tolerancing seminar
• A supplement or review for live training
• An internal GD&T certification
• An on-the-job reference
This product is a valuable tool for: All individuals who create or interpret engineering drawings.
Skill level needed: Users should have completed Engineering Drawing Requirements course or use drawings regularly on the job.
Product highlights: The course contains 29 lessons that explain the terms, symbols, modifiers, rules, and basic concepts of geometric tolerancing as prescribed in ASME Y14.5-2009. Additional topics covered include: why GD&T is superior to coordinate tolerancing; the datum system; and examples of how geometric tolerances are inspected. Contains detailed animations, 3D solid part samples, audio narration, and much much more.
Package includes: The GD&T Trainer also comes with course administration tools. The GD&T Administrator allows changes to course options and assignment of student passwords. When a student works a lesson, a record of his/her performance is saved in a log file that lets administrators monitor student progress. Holds up to 2,000 students. The GD&T Reporter can print and export over 90 various reports on student progress. Report formats include colorful graphs and charts.
Formats: The GD&T Trainer lets you choose from the following courses:
The Fundamentals of GD&T Class Course –is a complete course in the fundamentals of GD&T based on ASME Y14.5-2009. The course includes 29 lessons, numerous exercises, 29 quizzes and a final exam. Each quiz must be successfully completed in order to progress to the next lesson. The minimum passing score for the quizzes and final exam can be set through the Course Administrator. A certificate of achievement may be printed upon completion.
The Fundamentals of GD&T Seminar Course – has the same lesson content as the class course without the quizzes or final exam. Lessons can be viewed in any order. When the course is finished, a certificate of completion may be printed.
The GD&T Trainer: Fundamentals 2009 can also be used to certify your employees:
The GD&T Certification Test – is a 150-question test that covers the fundamentals of GD&T and verifies the student’s mastery of the topic. A certificate may be printed upon receiving a score of 90% or higher.
Available in three versions:
The GD&T Trainer: Fundamentals 2009 comes in different versions to suit your training needs:
Single-User – for use by one person on a single PC
Multi-User – for one or more users on a single PC
LAN – for multiple users to train concurrently on a LAN (local area network) system
The single-user version of the software is intended for purchase and use by an individual. Companies looking for an efficient, affordable, and economical GD&T training option can choose from the multi-user, LAN, site and corporate versions of the GD&T Trainer: Fundamentals 2009. Call 1-800-886-0909 to discuss the training method that’s right for your company.
Estimated length: 20-24 hours (typical)
System, software, and hardware requirements:
The recommended system requirements for use are:
• Pentium 4-based computer with a 2GHz or higher CPU
• 512 MB RAM minimum, 1024MB or higher recommended
• 500 MB or more of free hard drive space
• Sound card and speakers for audio narration
• Video card capable of displaying 24-bit color at a resolution of 1024×768
• Windows 7/8
• Adobe Flash Player 13.0 or higher
• Visual Basic 6 Runtime (Admin and Reporter only)
• .NET Framework 2.0